LOCALIZED ADVERT: NO. 5/2019
Care and Assistance for Forced Migrants (CAFOMI) is a not-for-profit; non-partisan and non-governmental organization registered by the Uganda NGO Board/Bureau and is recognized as indigenous humanitarian organization providing assistance to forced migrants (refugees) with a pool of experienced and passionate professionals since 2014. In line with the government of Uganda policy to support local partners for future humanitarian emergency surge capacity nationally and beyond, CAFOMI is currently implementing refugee protection assistance related activities in Kisoro, Kanungu, Bundibugyo and Ntoroko Districts in South Western Uganda and Kuluba Reception Centre – Koboko District in west Nile with direct support from UNHCR/OPM. CAFOMI has other partnerships with WFP since August 2018 charged with the responsibility of managing WFP warehouses in West Nile and South Western Districts of Moyo, Isingiro and Kyegegwa in addition to the other partnerships with Malteser International and NRC focusing on Information Counseling & Legal Assistance (ICLA) /short term contribution to the overall Ebola preparedness in identified sites in Central, West Nile, South West and Mid-Western Uganda respectively.
CAFOMI seeks for competent persons for the following job opening that exist at Nyakabande Transit Centre – Kisoro District,
Job title: Office Night Guard
No. of posts: 1 (one)
Reporting Line: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Nyakabande Transit Centre
Contract Duration: 03 (three) months – October 2019 to December 2019 (Renewal based on availability of funds and performance)
Reference Number: GUARD/NYK/ 2019
Guard office and property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Requirements (Must have)
- Good general level of education, preferably certificate in military training.
- 3 years’ experience in guarding.
- Able to work independently using own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Previous experience of working in an NGO environment
Interested candidates who meet the stipulated requirements should submit an application letter and an up to date CV including telephone and email contacts of three referees from your current/most recent employer only by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th September 2019 by 5:00p.m. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Please DO NOT attach copies of your academic transcripts and certificates. These will be requested for at a later date.
Applications must be addressed to the:
The Human Resource Department,
Care and Assistance for Forced Migrants; Plot 1011, Ntinda-Bukoto Road (Nsimbiziwoome), Ntinda,
P.O. Box 7785, Kampala, Uganda.
Please indicate the reference number and position being applied for in the subject line of your email.
N.B. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. And please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.