CARE AND ASSISTANCE FOR FORCED MIGRANTS
ADVERT: NO. 5/2021
Care and Assistance for Forced Migrants (CAFOMI) is an indigenous humanitarian not-for-profit; non-partisan and non-governmental organization registered by the Uganda NGO Board/Bureau and is recognized for providing assistance to forced migrants (refugees) with a pool of experienced and passionate professionals.
In line with the government of Uganda policy, CAFOMI is currently implementing protection related assistance activities for forced migrants in Isingiro, Yumbe, Kisoro, Sironko, Bududda, Bundibugyo, Kikuube, Kanungu, Kampala and Ntoroko Districts with support from UNHCR, OPM, NRC, IOM, MI and other partners.
CAFOMI seeks for competent person(s) for the following job opening that exist at Head Office – Kampala District under Malteser Project.
- Job title: Monitoring and Evaluations Coordinator
of posts: 1 (one)
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala – Head Office
Contract Duration: 06 (six) months – July 2021 to December 2021 (with possible extension)
Reference Number: M&E/MALTESER/2021
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the technically sound monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy and methodological approaches of CAFOMI response to the forced migrant crisis (refugee) in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead in the development of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy and methodological approaches of CAFOMI response to the forced migrant crisis (refugee) in Uganda with the necessary M&E tools and frameworks, periodic M&E work plans and budgets as well as developing strategic plans, annual work plans and budget
- Coordinate the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems in line with the CAFOMI Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Policy framework and procedures strategy for each project/specific technical sector plans and common outcome indicators in close collaboration with the other sector player both in the field and head office.
- Coordinate and support the project teams with the development of the project management tools and activities planning in close collaboration with the project managers, sector leads and their team.
- Keep track of programmes, projects and grants monitoring and evaluation schedules and implementation of monitoring and evaluation procedures; and puts in place a tailor made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and make sure that lessons learnt feed into CAFOMI programmes planning processes.
- Spear head support supervision monitoring and evaluation of programme activities implementation in relation to expected targets, objectives, outputs, impacts and maintaining an updated output tracker for the forced migrant humanitarian response programmes.
- Actively contribute to the monitoring of the relevancy of the interventions regarding CAFOMI’s mandate, approaches and the context of intervention and advise on ways of improving performance
- Take lead in initiating CAFOMI capacity building programmes for different cadres of staff and volunteer that ensures that a pool of skilled workforce is available nationally in preparedness for forced migrants emergency response surge capacity
- Ensure a good communication and collaboration with operational teams towards a sound monitoring of the projects under implementation
- Coordinate all CAFOMI M&E and represent the organization in all M&E activities nationally/internationally.
- Ensure that project data on outputs and outcome progress is collected accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support training of project team and partners in quality data collection and management including use of data to inform decisions on the project priorities
- Ensure that quality bench marks are used during implementation of project activities and put in place a tailor made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and makes sure that lessons learnt are fed into CAFOMI programmes planning processes.
- Support the CAFOMI programmes and project teams in enhancing accountability by monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the programme and projects strategy for each project/specific technical sector, according to CAFOMI frameworks, project monitoring plans, and common outcome indicators, and in line with CAFOMI Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Policy.
- Any other assignment as delegated by the Executive Director CAFOMI.
Minimum Requirements (Must have)
- University Degree in Law, International Relations, International development, Political Sciences, Social science or related field, master’s degree or post graduate qualifications in M&E will be an added advantage.
- At least five years NGO experience, including at least three years monitoring and evaluation of emergency response programmes in insecure environments.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead vulnerability assessments, beneficiary registration, distributions, monitoring and evaluation in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability with project grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated writing, reporting and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of another language is an asset.
- Ability to conduct functions on computer programs such as Microsoft Office (including Excel, Power point, Access).
- Good understanding of the current political, human rights, migration context in Uganda, particularly in the Congo influx.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices and knowledgeable of quality assurance systems.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture.
- Experience from the region will be regarded as an asset.
- Good knowledge of institutional mandates and policies related to international protection, human rights and migration.
- Good analytical and research skills, ability to evaluate and integrate information from a variety of sources.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating a gender perspective and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environments.
Interested candidates who meet the stipulated requirements should submit an application letter and an up to date CV including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer only by E-mail to email@example.com not later than 30th June 2021 by 5:00p.m. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Please DO NOT attach copies of your academic transcripts and certificates. These will be requested for at a later date.
Applications must be addressed to the:
The Human Resource Department,
Care and Assistance for Forced Migrants; Plot 1011, Ntinda-Bukoto Road (Nsimbiziwoome), Ntinda,
P.O. Box 7785, Kampala, Uganda.
Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line of your email.
N.B. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. And please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the position.