- Job title: GBV Officer
of posts: 2 (two)
Reporting Line: Project Team Leader
Duty Station: Kyagwali and Kisoro
Contract Duration: August 2022 to January 2023 (with possible extension)
Reference Number: GBVO/CARE/2022
GBV Officer will be responsible for strengthening GBV response and community-based systems to foster mitigation of GBV risks among asylum seekers and refugees in the area of operation. GBV Officer will be responsible for providing day to day management of GBV activities and other related activities among asylum seekers and refugees. In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, s/he will undertake all GBV prevention and response activities, including but not limited to; case management supervision, supervision of the safe spaces, trainings and capacity building, awareness raising and outreach sessions, mentorship and life skills sessions with in and out of school adolescents and youths; Open forums with opinion leaders and community structures, focus group discussions, implementation of community based behavioral interventions i.e. SASA and Male engagement approaches. Ensure reporting and documentation in line with the Organization and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and monitor GBV prevention and response activities, ensuring these activities are informed by target beneficiaries and correspond to their priorities and safety.
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through the utilization of GBVIMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Conduct direct follow up of GBV survivors through home visits and regular follow up visits based on survivors’ wishes and consent.
- Establish and coordinate the management of Women men and girls’ groups comprised of members from the targeted communities to conduct women-led risk reduction activities, safety audits and assessments.
- Building the capacity of Women groups, and other community structures on GBV Core Concepts, safety audit and service mapping tools, reporting and advocacy skills, and community mobilization.
- Compile and prepare quality monthly and periodic project progress reports, as well as the final report, and feed in other information as required.
- Implement prevention and community-based advocacy initiatives based on identified needs and RGA that reflect the voices of women and girls.
- Conduct training and dialogues with women and men community members, community leaders and key informants on the topics of GBV, women’s rights, gender equality in line with priorities identified by women and girls.
- Conduct outreaches to disseminate information of services available to women and girls and raise awareness with the Case workers, Volunteers, and the Women Committees.
- Co-lead project planning and oversee program implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs.
- Implement approaches that foster and strengthen Gender in emergency, Women leadership, male and boys engagement in GBV prevention and Response through accountable practices.
- Assist in the development of case studies, best practices, and key learning on GBV/protection mainstreaming in the project including generating success stories related to projects to feed into the linking and program quality and learning (PQL).
- Support data collection through M&E tools and systems, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality and GBV best practice principles.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly comprehensive work plans and reports on issues arising and trends related to GBV to the supervisor using the established reporting formats.
- Provide ongoing supervision, support, mentoring and guidance to Community Based Volunteers to ensure outreach services are of high quality.
- Support the immediate supervisor to complete item requirements/procurement needs and update work plan for Prevention activities.
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Requirements (Must have)
- A bachelors’ degree in Social Work, counseling, development studies and other related courses in humanities. A post graduate in project planning/ monitoring is an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in protection and GBV with strong knowledge on evidence based SASA methodology A Must have.
- Experience working with displaced and vulnerable persons in complex situations.
- Excellent computer skills in SPSS, Excel, word
- Experience with UNHCR and other donor funded projects and reporting guidelines+ code of conduct.
- Proven experience in effectively managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring staff
- Strong budget management, grant writing, monitoring and evaluation and multi project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with and build the capacity of local stakeholders such as local NGOs, health service providers
- Able to develop and implement capacity building plans for staff, partners and community structures.
- Mentorship and coaching to staff and partner agencies to ensure programming meets best practice standards ( BNA) and guidance around GBV in humanitarian settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Sociable and open minded and Reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and builder.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates who meet the stipulated requirements should submit an application letter and an up to date CV including telephone and email contacts of three referees of your current/most recent employer only by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th July 2022 by 5:00p.m. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Please DO NOT attach copies of your academic transcripts and certificates. These will be requested for at a later date.
Applications must be addressed to the:
The Human Resource Department,
Care and Assistance for Forced Migrants; Plot 1011, Ntinda-Bukoto Road (Nsimbiziwoome), Ntinda,
P.O. Box 108391, Kampala, Uganda.
NOTE: Only ONE position MUST be applied for and please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line of your email.
N.B. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. And please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the position.